NSR Forum was formed following a successful New Silk Road conference held on 7 April 2011 in London. Delegates debated geo-economic policies and commercial opportunities arising out of the "New Silk Road". Speakers included leaders of the China-Britain Business Council, Middle East Association, UK India Business Council as well as several large banking institutions, ambassadors and diplomats.
The Forum and its Objectives
- NSR Forum acts as medium for participants to meet, discuss and understand the opportunities of the "New Silk Road". Participants will include governments, institutions, corporates and professionals.
- Sector Focused Events will be held by the NSR Forum.
NSR Forum's objectives are:
- to promote dialogue and interaction between industry leaders, governments and professionals of various disciplines in connection with the "New Silk Road";
- to inform and increase knowledge on the "New Silk Road" and its potential;
- to promote consensus building on issues of broad importance to participants involved in business with the "New Silk Road";
- to promote best practices that enhance the operation, transparency and confidence in transactions and investments within the "New Silk Road";
- to enhance further understanding of the diverse cultures of the "New Silk Road" countries; and
- to assist with any appropriate charitable causes that may arise impacting the "New Silk Road" countries (in this respect, a New Silk Road Charity Committee has been formed).